As the VP of Business Development at CSHQA, your primary responsibility is to expand our business development footprint nationwide by working with the VPs of Engineering and Architecture and Principals to develop, implement, and maintain effective sales programs that provide maximum exposure to new prospects, as well as analyze trends and identify new opportunities. You will be responsible for business development strategy, marketing, branding, communications, and public relations infrastructure, positioning the firm for growth and profitability. You will report to the CEO.
- Executes CSHQA’s overall Business Development strategic vision.
- Responsible for business development strategy, marketing, branding, communications, and public relations infrastructure, positioning the firm for growth and profitability
- Establishes and executes an industry best practice business development lifecycle including formalized new business funnel, stage gate governance process for pursuits, and process and asset development for supporting the business development stages
- Directs business development efforts at the firm level and supports Principals in studio-level pursuits of new and organic business opportunities
- Develops, implements, and maintains effective sales and other programs that provide maximum exposure to new prospects, aligned with established goals and objectives
- Maintains reporting and accountability to surface business development system effectiveness and direction
- Oversees implementation and execution of proposal development and management functions and ensures quality of proposals, presentations, and qualification packages
- Accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed key metrics.
- Develops multi-year business development strategies focused on winning business across all targeted areas of CSHQA’s market.
- Collaborates with the VPs of Engineering and Architecture and Principals to analyze trends and identify new opportunities.
- Works with Principals to develop current relationships and contracts and identify new opportunities with customers
- Develops and grows relationships with partners
- Actively supports opportunity pursuits from inception to completion by providing insight into the customer and engaging in opportunity and proposal reviews
- Maintains the BD funnel, regularly reviewing and qualifying opportunities with Principals and CSHQA’s executive team.
- Continually improves business development approaches and processes and trains staff in business development skills.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALITIES
- Proven success as a business development leader.
- Growth mindset.
- Ability to develop long-term business relationships.
- Excellent soft skills with the ability to speak at all levels to all audiences and speak as a leader.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of markets, competitors, and industries relevant to CSHQA.
- Leads with integrity and positive energy.
- Inspires and cultivates engagement in an employee ownership environment.
- Leads empathetically by having a genuine interest in understanding the feelings of others and their points of view.
- Demonstrates strong creativity and critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in sales-related fields of study.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in client relationship management and business development and/or sales in professional services industry preferably in architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in a business development leadership role.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.