We are looking for a motivated Senior Project Manager to join our Sacramento office.
As a Senior Project Manager at CSHQA, you will provide direction and management of multiple, simultaneous assigned design and construction projects from conception to completion. You will use your experience to ensure conformance with design intent while organizing project resources, schedules and costs. This position requires you to effectively liaison between internal clients, including executive management, and external consultants, contractors and regulatory agencies.
This position requires knowledge of best practices in the design and construction process, multiple project delivery methods and a thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing and budgets. Strong skills in prioritization, efficiency and the continuous improvement of services and processes are necessary. An ability to evaluate alternative designs and associated costs, while coordinating design concepts with other disciplines is essential. You should be adept at effectively communicating and negotiating with a broad range of internal and external individuals or representatives.
- Manage individual design and construction projects of a large size and/or multiple projects at a high level of complexity from the point of conception through project completion.
- May provide technical expertise in a professional field such as architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Leverage existing relationships for business development and establish new connections.
- Review project proposal(s) or plan(s) to determine time frame, funding limitations, phases and elements, client requirements, staffing requirements, and allotment of various resources.
- Develop architecture and/or engineering scopes of work, budgets and schedules; review and negotiate fee proposals, manage design and construction project schedules.
- Monitor internal financial budgets to assure that projects are completed profitably, monitor monthly billing projections, invoicing/AR, schedule, planned hours vs. actual spent, and project performance.
- Address materials and methods, questions, conflicts and changes.
- Manage client issues in relation to construction decisions and preferences.
- Research technical options and propose solutions.
- Provides visual inspection and quality control by monitoring construction progress.
- Ensure compliance with intended results, codes, regulations and requested standards.
- Coordinate document distribution process to internal and external team members ensuring effective communication.
- Manage people, budgets and other resources to effectively meet client needs.
- Participate in selected marketing and business development issues.
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff and may participate in professional development and performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, construction management or a related field or informed knowledge of the field of architecture, project management and construction management
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in architectural practice with prior project management experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Registered Architect with current license preferred
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.