As a Senior Architect III – Aviation at CSHQA, you will manage multiple architectural projects from the conception stage through construction and completion; ensuring teams meet quality, schedule, contractual and budget goals.
You should have proven experience supervising and leading a team of designers, architects and junior staff, engineering disciplines and consultants. This position requires knowledge of architectural projects in aviation and other market sectors. Well-developed project management, client management and/or marketing abilities will be key to your success. Each day you will use your partnering and relationship-building skills to establish client relations and coordinate communication among all parties involved for project specific delivery.
- Deliver design sensitive projects on schedule and within budget while making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to the project.
- Lead design discussions and the development of drawings, modeling and 3D renderings based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Oversee specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of CSHQA and/or FAA standards.
- Manage and coordinate technical aspects of the design of multiple projects assuming responsibility for finished plans, specifications and QA/QC.
- Develop and manage project scope, budgets, schedules, QA/QC reviews and client expectations ensuring that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Communicate and coordinate with other architects, owners, engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, governmental agencies, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Lead ongoing business development activities including project proposal preparation.
- Lead marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
- Architectural Degree, or informed knowledge of the field of architecture and design.
- Project management experience at non-hub, small-large hub airports.
- Experience in master planning, terminal area plans and aviation system plans.
- Knowledge of FAA guidance and regulations.
- Current Architectural license.
- A minimum of 10 years’ design experience and expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate architectural skills.
- Familiarity with design software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Experience with airlines, TSA, CBP, and rental car agencies.
- Experience with airport building projects, including terminals SRE buildings, ARFF buildings, hangars, parking garages, concessions, baggage conveyor design, ticketing, gate hold rooms, baggage claim, passenger boarding bridges and rental car facilities.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.