As a Project Architect II at CSHQA, in partnership with Senior Architects and the Project Manager, you are responsible for the issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants. You will collaborate with other design and construction team members to develop appropriate design solutions and then to implement those design solutions from initial conception through the construction documentation and administration process for multiple projects.
You should possess strong knowledge of design, trends, and construction administration. Strong communication skills and the ability to take artistic and technical direction with a positive attitude will be key to your success. It is expected that you will be able to work independently and creatively solve problems while also collaborating with a team.
- Lead design discussions and development of drawings, modeling and 3D renderings based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Guide specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of CSHQA standards.
- Develop, check and coordinate technical aspects of the design of a project or multiple projects assuming responsibility for finished plans, specifications and QA/QC.
- Communicate and coordinate with other architects, owners, engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, governmental agencies, etc. throughout the design phase of the building project.
- Construction administration including review of submittals/drawings, response to RFI’s, oversight of construction document preparation, and resolution issues.
- Manage project specifications, project schedule and budgets.
- May participate in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client or market opportunities.
- Coordinate the work of less experienced architects and architects-in-training.
- Architectural Degree, or informed knowledge of the field of architecture and design
- Licensed Architect with current registration
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ design experience including managing projects
- Exercises consistent independent discretion and judgment a majority of the time.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP)
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.