As an Electrical Engineer-in-Training at CSHQA you will participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional, retail and commercial building projects.
You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a detail-oriented team player with the ability to contribute to a positive work environment. Your strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines will be key to your success.
- Ability to work with a creative and collaborative team of Engineers, Architects and power utility companies.
- Work both technically and creatively.
- Electrical engineering design of basic power and lighting systems for buildings and sites.
- Sustainable and energy efficiency design.
- Continual learning with a broad range of project types.
- Low voltage electrical distribution systems design including preparation of specifications and design drawings.
- Perform and prepare engineering calculations.
- Perform site visits, attend design meetings, and prepare construction phase site observations.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET Accredited program.
- 0-5 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.