As the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of CSHQA, you will be responsible for the organizational effectiveness of the firm. You manage the operational functions that support the firm’s Organizational Design services, including Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Enterprise Project Management, Talent Management and Administration teams. You will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as a critical and essential position within the Executive Team. You must be a skilled communicator, effective leader and driven businessperson who spurs company growth, maintains key operational functions, creates, and controls new processes, and ensures day-to-day operational excellence.
- Lead execution of CSHQA’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Collaborate with members of the executive team to build a world-class, industry-leading firm.
- Partner with the Executive Team, Studio Principals, and the Finance & Analytical Director to achieve favorable financial results with respect to profitability, cash flow, systems, reporting and controls.
- Accomplish the goals set by the CEO for growth, performance, and profitability.
- Create KPI’s to improve, track and manage the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Deliver accurate and timely reports to the Executive Team outlining the operational condition of the firm.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Work with other executive team members and direct reports on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company procedures designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the firm.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, and other key professional business partners.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive, and encouraging culture while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and management related to the firm’s financial and administrative operations.
COO PREFERRED JOB DUTIES
- Experience with review and contract approval, which includes leases, vendor contracts, and all major purchases.
- Lead the firm’s risk management program which includes, participating in review of non-standard project contracts and subcontractor contracts, as well as coordination with legal counsel and professional liability carriers as necessary.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALITIES
- Proven experience as a COO or in a similar executive role.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively throughout the firm.
- Able to guide and mentor a team of individuals to be productive and strategic.
- Someone who in their nature and own personal values is ingrained with honesty, accountability, straight forwardness, clear thinking, integrity, leadership, dedication, and loyalty.
- Exhibits a growth mindset that embraces challenges, finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others, and inspires others.
- Promotes the firm’s vision and values.
- Strong aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Understands the business functions and best productive utilization for Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Administration.
- Translates strategic vision and goals into actionable steps and ensures they are executed efficiently.
- A drive to utilize business intelligence to make informed decisions based on data-driven information with actionable metrics.
- Able to jump in the trenches when needed.
- Strategic and visionary leader who fosters a community of collaboration with forward-thinking ideas.
- Has a proven track record of being accountable and holding others accountable to deliver necessary tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or another relevant field or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- A minimum of 15 years of senior management, executive and strategic leadership roles in the business world and/or in architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Solid understanding of staff management, industry, and business strategies.
- Extensive professional experience in leadership roles.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.