As Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CSHQA, and the top executive, your primary responsibility will be to lead, supervise and control the strategic and business aspects of the firm. You will be responsible for developing initiatives and business objectives to guide the firm in increasing efficiencies and profitability while creating a supportive and engaging workplace for our employees. You will be responsible for giving strategic direction as well as creating a vision for overall firm success and growth. You will report to the Board of Directors and promote our firms’ values in leading CSHQA to enhanced financial success.
- Develop business strategies and plans in alignment with short-term and long-term company objectives.
- Establish long-range plans, strategy, and policy, in alignment with firm values and mission.
Firm Values: Collaboration, Knowledge, Creativity, Integrity, and Excellence
Firm Mission: Our mission is to deliver innovative and sustainable architectural and engineering design solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We inspire personal and professional development in a positive, creative, and stable work environment. We are people who listen, creating design that speaks.
- Someone who in their nature and own personal values is ingrained with honestly, accountability, straight forwardness, clear thinking, integrity, leadership, dedication, and loyalty.
- Manage firm profitability and growth targets by directing the organization toward defined objectives.
- Mentor and building trust with employee owners to foster growth and encourage development.
- Oversee business operations and activities and verify that results are consistent with the firm’s overall strategy and mission.
- Lead a team of executives to make deliberate decisions regarding the success of the firm.
- Represent the firm with major customers, industry leaders, the financial community, and the public.
- Oversee the organization’s financial structure.
- Plan and direct all investigations and negotiations pertaining to mergers, joint ventures, acquisition of businesses, or sale of major assets.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out strategic plans, standards, and procedures.
- Deliver to the Board of Directors timely and pertinent information that speaks to the health of the firm, status of significant activities, areas of current or expected concern, and proposals for future action.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the firm.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALITIES
- Proven success as a CEO/COO or senior-level executive with a background in direct management of P&L of at least a $10 million firm.
- Superlative communicator with strong soft skills and the ability to speak at all levels to all audiences and speak as a leader.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the markets and industries relevant to CSHQA.
- Leads with integrity and positive energy.
- Provides clear direction.
- Promotes and develops both CSHQA and its employee owners.
- Exhibits a dynamic personality by inspiring and cultivating high-level performance both internally and externally.
- Challenges and holds all employees accountable at every level.
- Inspires and cultivates engagement in an employee ownership environment.
- An empathetic leader having a genuine interest in understanding others thoughts and perspectives.
- Able to anticipate and modify behavior in response to changing situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Significant experience in successful professional leadership roles.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management, executive, and strategic leadership roles in the business world, professional services industries, and/or in architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Extensive professional experience in leadership roles.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.