Senior Electrical Engineering Designer
As a Senior Electrical Engineering Designer at CSHQA, you will work under the guidance of a licensed professional engineer to perform a variety of duties involving the technical development of schematic, design, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional, retail and commercial building projects. You should have the ability to perform detailed engineering design for a complete project with minimum supervision and necessary final approvals. Your technical skills should show an awareness of effective system design and the ability to design and optimize a process for maximum efficiency. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be key to your success. This position requires motivated, self-starting individuals able to interact positively with team members and clients.
- Perform full engineering design for institutional, retail and commercial building projects.
- Perform and prepare engineering calculations and well-coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost-effective, clear, efficient and constructible.
- Research and analyze data such as client design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Develop and manage project scope, budgets, schedules, QA/QC reviews and client expectations ensuring that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance before submitting for stamping by licensed engineer.
- Assist in construction administration including review of submittals, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Perform field observations, attend meetings and make recommendations for design of systems.
- Produce effective and accurate written documents, reports, and technical memorandums.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
- May coordinate the work of other designers.
- Associates degree, or informed knowledge of the field of engineering and design
- A minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience
- Exercises consistent independent discretion and judgment a majority of the time.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.