Project Manager/BIM Manager
As a Project Manager at CSHQA, you will manage a project from conception through completion and provide direction to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken to produce work that is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with design intent. This position requires you to effectively liaison between internal clients, including executive management, and external consultants, contractors and regulatory agencies. As a BIM Manager your role is an integral part of the design team. You will be responsible for leading, coordinating and managing the overall implementation of BIM and related technology.
This position requires knowledge of the design and construction process, understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing and budgets, as well as strong skills in prioritization, efficiency and the continuous improvement of services and processes. An ability to evaluate alternative designs and associated costs, while coordinating design concepts with other disciplines is essential. You should be adept at effectively communicating and negotiating with a broad range of internal and external individuals or representatives.
- Act as liaison between internal clients and external contractors from the point of conception through project completion.
- May provide technical expertise in a professional field such as architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, phases and elements, client requirements, staffing requirements, and allotment of various resources.
- Develop architecture and/or engineering scopes of work, budgets and schedules; review and negotiate fee proposals, manage design and construction project schedules.
- Address materials and methods, questions, conflicts and changes.
- Manage client issues in relation to construction decisions and preferences.
- Research technical options and propose solutions.
- Provide visual inspection and quality control by monitoring construction progress.
- Ensure compliance with intended results, codes, regulations and requested standards.
- Provide on-going communication through team meetings, minutes and memos.
- May participate in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communication to project teams.
- Coordinate and manage BIM project data sets/workflow and project set up.
- Research new BIM related software.
- Keep the organization informed regarding best practices in BIM and BIM Software.
- Responsible for organizational BIM standards, company templates, implementation and enforcement.
- Look for efficiencies and productivity hacks in the organizations BIM process.
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops on behalf of the company with a view to transferring knowledge internally within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, construction management or a related field or informed knowledge of the field of architecture, project management and construction management
- A minimum of 6-8 years professional experience in architectural practice with prior project management experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Registered Architect with current license preferred
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.