As a Principal Architect at CSHQA, you will work to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. You will manage multiple architectural projects from the conception stage through construction and completion; ensuring teams meet quality, schedule, contractual and budget goals, while leading and mentoring others through collaboration.
You should have proven experience supervising and leading a team of Designers, Architects and Architects-in-Training, Engineering disciplines and Consultants. This position requires knowledge of architectural projects concerning unique and varied complexities that significantly impact CSHQA. Well-developed project management, client management and/or marketing abilities will be key to your success. In addition, you will use your partnering and relationship-building skills to establish new and manage existing client relations; coordinating communication among all parties involved to maintain a project workload for business continuity.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Deliver design sensitive projects on schedule and within budget while making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to the project.
- Lead design discussions and the development of drawings, modeling and 3D renderings based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Oversee specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of CSHQA standards.
- Manage and coordinate technical aspects of the design of multiple projects assuming responsibility for finished plans, specifications and QA/QC.
- Develop and manage project scope, budgets, schedules, QA/QC reviews and client expectations ensuring that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Communicate and coordinate with other architects, owners, engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, governmental agencies, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Manage the preparation of construction documents and direct construction administration of architectural projects
- Lead ongoing business development activities including project proposal preparation and ability to win work during proposal response.
- Evaluate and select architectural and engineering consultants.
- Lead marketing, contractual, design and production meetings.
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent negotiator and communication skills and ability to work effectively with others.
- Work with other Managing Principals within the CSHQA Company structure that will require (at times) in-person meetings outside of Colorado.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor or Master’s degree of Architecture at an accredited institution
- Demonstrate active Architectural Professional licenses; NCARB accreditation preferred
- A minimum of 15 years’ design experience and expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate architectural skills in both design and construction documents
- Familiarity with design software
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP)
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.