Mechanical Engineering Designer
As a Mechanical Engineering Designer at CSHQA, you will work under the direction of a licensed professional engineer to perform a variety of duties involving the technical development of schematic, design, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional, retail and commercial Mechanical building projects. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be a detail-oriented team player with ability to contribute to a positive work environment. Your strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines will be key to your success.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Complete Mechanical (HVAC/Plumbing) engineering design tasks for institutional, retail and commercial building projects.
- Perform and prepare engineering calculations and well-coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost-effective, clear, efficient and constructible.
- Perform site surveys and prepare construction phase site observations to present in detailed technical narrative reports.
- Attend project meetings.
- Assist in construction administration including review of submittals, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
- Associates degree, or informed knowledge of the field of engineering and design.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Revit experience is required and strongly preferred.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.