As a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training at CSHQA, you will participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional, retail and commercial building projects under the guidance of a licensed professional engineer.
You should have excellent soft skills that include listening, verbal and written communication skills and be a detail-oriented team player with ability to contribute to a positive work environment. Your strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines will be key to your success.
- Mechanical engineering design of basic HVAC and plumbing systems for institutional, retail and commercial building projects
- Specify and size HVAC and Plumbing mechanical equipment such as air handling units, chillers, cooling towers and compressors including system selection and layout
- Perform and prepare HVAC load calculations and other various engineering calculations and well-coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost-effective, clear, efficient and constructible
- Perform site surveys, attend design meetings, and prepare construction phase site observations to present in detailed technical narrative reports
- Construction administration including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited program
- 0-3 years of Mechanical Engineering experience
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- FE / EIT (may be required)
- Familiarity with Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of International Codes
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.