IT Help Desk Support Technician
As an IT Help Desk Support Technician at CSHQA, you will be responsible for maintaining the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by setting up, configuring and supporting internal and/or external networks, develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. You should have a strong knowledge of information systems; antivirus protection; encryption; mobile device management; network management; current trends in information technology; computer hardware and software capabilities and limitations. Your strong problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills will be a key to your success.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Create, maintain and preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Maintain positive, customer-service oriented employee relations; responding to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network.
- Document network policies and procedures.
- Establish network users, user environment, directories, and security including remote/mobile access.
- Gather the customer’s information and determine the customer’s issue by analyzing the symptoms and figuring out the underlying problem.
- Perform local and remote troubleshooting of hardware, software, network, telephone, and AV problems.
- Perform hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair as necessary.
- Perform software installations, upgrades and patches.
- Provide both informal/formal training to end-users.
- Configure and prepare new workstation hardware for deployment to end-users.
- Knowledge about common PC applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Anti-Virus, VPN, and Internet Browsers.
- A minimum of 1-4 years of experience working in a Service Desk environment or related field.
- Knowledge of multi-platform environments.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of common CAD or Revit application, i.e. AutoCAD, Microstation.
- A+ or Network+ certification.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.