Interior Designer III
As a driven and creative Interior Designer III at CSHQA, you will rely on your extensive experience in interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project as well as utilize creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives through project completion.
You should possess well-developed visualization skills and be able to convey intent of ideas easily and quickly, both verbally and visually, using rendering skills of hand or computer sketching. At this stage in your career, you should demonstrate the knowledge and application of design principles and have the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts with only high-level managerial oversight. We work in a fast-paced environment within project timelines in a team setting. Your reputation as an effective communicator with great listening and people skills will contribute to your success.
- Organize and lead client proposal process while providing leadership to project teams.
- Conduct programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment.
- Develop innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe, and conducive to intended purposes and function; as well as reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Implement all phases of a design project including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, documentation, specifications and construction involving the selection and specification of furniture, fixtures, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork, etc.
- Collaborate and engage with other disciplines, vendors, architects, engineers and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary.
- Coordinate with outside consultants and contractors for application of furniture and finishes.
- Review, correct and update documents during schematic design, design development and construction administration phases.
- Oversee subcontracting fabrication, installation and arrangements of materials, finishes and furnishings.
- Produce written documentation related to project including but not limited to meeting documentation, transmittals, memoranda, written specifications, etc.
- Responsible for project deliverables, design schedules, and presentations.
- Prepare and oversee fee proposals and invoices.
- Serve as primary contact with clients, consultants and public agencies on all assigned projects, maintaining positive client relationships, keeping the client informed of project progress on a regular basis, and clarifying, coordinating and negotiating key issues.
- Leads and directs the work of the Interior Design staff to include time-keeping approval, workload allocation, staffing recommendations, mentoring and performance management.
- Develop, plan and implement marketing projects, including public relations.
- Expand and develop marketing platforms.
- Manage the productivity of the marketing activity and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related professional field.
- A minimum of 8-years experience in general interior design, preferably with broad health care related experience with corporate/commercial interior design projects.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Exercise consistent independent discretion and judgement a majority of the time.
- Demonstrated management of multiple projects at various stages.
- Proficiency and/or working knowledge in the basic technical skills of interior design including, MS Office, AutoCAD / Architectural Desktop, Revit, 3D Modeling software, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- NCIDQ Certification.
- Strategic thinking.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- A/E/C industry experience.
- Healthcare experience.
- Hospitality experience.
- Membership in a nationally recognized professional organization.
- Deltek Vision software experience.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.