Interior Designer II
As a motivated and creative Interior Designer II at CSHQA, you will further your experience and begin interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project as well as utilize creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives through project completion.
You should possess well-developed visualization skills and be able to convey intent of ideas easily and quickly, both verbally and visually, using rendering skills of hand or computer sketching. At this stage in your career, you should demonstrate the knowledge and application of design principles and have the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts with some independence under general supervision. We work in a fast-paced environment within project timelines in a team setting. Your reputation as an effective communicator with great listening and people skills will contribute to your success.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- In partnership with a design team, conduct programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment
- Under the direction of senior designers or project managers, develop innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe, and conducive to intended purposes and function; as well as reflective of client goals and within project budget
- Under supervision, create project color schemes, material boards and specifications
- Under the supervision and direction of senior designers you will collaborate, engage, develop, plan and maintain marketing platforms to meet the firm’s growth objectives
- Under the direction of senior designers and/or project managers develop and maintain client relationships
- Assist in the implementation of all phases of a design project including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, documentation, specifications and construction involving the selection and specification of furniture, fixtures, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork, etc.
- Collaborate and engage with other disciplines, vendors and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provide support as necessary
- Collaborate and engage with other professional disciplines (architects and engineers)
- Coordinate with outside consultants and contractors for application of furniture and finishes
- Prepare, correct and update documents during schematic design, design development and construction administration phases
- Under supervision, prepare and edit written product specifications
- Assist the Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation and arrangement of materials, finishes and furnishings
- Produce written documentation related to project including but not limited to meeting documentation, transmittals, memoranda, etc.
- Maintain positive client relationships, keeping the client informed of project progress on a regular basis, and clarifying, coordinating and negotiating key issues
- Experience with finish plans, finish schedules, materials key, reflected ceiling plans and millwork details
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years related experience, preferably with contract /commercial interiors projects
- Proficiency and/or working knowledge in the basic technical skills of interior design including MS Office, AutoCAD / Architectural Desktop, Revit, 3D Modeling software, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- Membership in a national recognized professional organization
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.