As a BIM Manager at CSHQA, your role is an integral part of the design team. You will be responsible for leading, coordinating and managing the overall implementation of BIM and related technology. This will include the development of a work plan/roadmap for development, implementation, and quality assurance checks needed for full BIM integration with CSHQA projects. Your role is to communicate how BIM will effect project workflows, deliverables and project management.
This position requires knowledge and understanding of how Revit works and how it is used to achieve project design. You should be adept at effectively communicating and negotiating with a broad range of internal and external individuals or representatives.
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams
- Coordinate and manage BIM project data sets/workflow and project set up
- Research new BIM related software
- Keep the organization informed regarding best practices in BIM and BIM Software
- Responsible for organizational BIM standards, company templates, implementation and enforcement
- Creation and maintenance of the template files to assurance standards
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Look for efficiencies and productivity hacks in the organizations BIM process
- Support the BIM technology needs of a multi-office firm
- Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of BIM users to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of BIM models
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops on behalf of the company with a view to transferring knowledge internally within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, construction management or a related field or informed knowledge of the field of architecture, project management and construction management
- A minimum of 6-8 years professional experience in architectural practice
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, and knowledge of SketchUp
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional level of accuracy and detail
- Registered Architect with current license preferred
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.