Architectural Forensic Support Professional
As a part-time/as needed Architectural Forensic Support Professional at CSHQA, you will support the Principal Architect involved in the Forensic Architecture, Construction Litigation and Consulting fields. Work will include both office and site investigations, materials and legal document research, report writing, repair drawings creation and building envelope consultant support. You will conduct quality assurance checks on a frequent basis to ensure defined requirements are being followed.
- Performs forensic assignments of on-site site evaluations and inspections to determine the cause and origin of failed, defective, damaged, and/or potential damage due to architectural components, and produce written forensic reports detailing the findings.
- Visit project sites to inspect, gather information, take notes and measurements and photographs.
- Create plans and drawings which clearly outline design and repair recommendation of architectural building reconstruction of projects.
- Compile, organize and analyze data gathered during site investigations.
- Oversee and make recommendations throughout the reconstruction process.
- Collaborate with various teams to achieve goals.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- 3+ years of experience in construction and architecture.
- Proficient report writing skills, strong organizational, creative and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction methods.
- Hands-on construction experience a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Travel – local travel may be required.
- Degree in architecture, construction management or a related field or informed knowledge of the field of architecture, project management and construction management.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status.