As an Architect-in-Training (AIT) at CSHQA, you will participate as a team member and provide general architectural support on projects while benefiting from mentorship by an experienced architect. Your ability to create dynamic virtual experiences through 3D modeling and animation along with your knowledge of the fundamentals of architectural design will be valued on our teams. You should have the ability to understand & interpret architectural drawings as well as assemble construction documents. You should possess strong communication skills, and be able to take artistic and technical direction with a positive attitude. It is expected that you will be able to work independently and creatively solve problems while also collaborating with a team.
- Contribute in design discussions and develop drawings, modeling and 3D renderings based upon those discussions.
- Prepare complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches and notes.
- Perform initial design code analysis with the codes and standard of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Assist in editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects.
- Assist in field verification and documentation of existing structures and/or existing conditions as required by the individual projects.
- Contribute to the completion of construction documents and generate revisions and corrections from redlined documents.
- Participate in construction site visits and client meetings to better understand the overall process and then prepare detailed technical narrative reports.
- Undertake job related research, as directed.
- Assist in the construction administration process including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Communicate and coordinate other architects, owners, engineers, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
Architects in Training (AITs) are expected to:
- Seek architectural licensure.
- Participate in professional/community organization and activities.
- Take advantage of continuing education and seminar opportunities.
- Architectural Degree from an accredited bachelor’s or master’s program.
- A minimum of 0-4 years experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of sustainable building design or construction industry
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.