Architect-in-Training (AIT) Intern
Please see Summer Internship Program 2020 and description below.
We are excited about your interest in a CSHQA Internship! As a driven and motivated Architect-in-Training (AIT) Intern at CSHQA you will be joining our creative and collaborative firm culture for a full-time, paid internship opportunity.
What Will I Be Doing During This Internship?
Besides enjoying a summer filled with office shenanigans and half day Friday’s, we have plenty in store for you! You will have an exciting opportunity to work on architectural projects as a fully collaborative team member of a design team. You will experience hands-on learning opportunities that include lunch and learns, project tours, networking, marketing and research projects.
You should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Your ability to be an effective communicator with great listening and people skills will contribute to your success. You should be able to take feedback and technical direction in a positive and professional manner. We work in a fast-paced environment within project timelines and deadlines.
- Application process opens February 3, 2020.
- You can apply by submitting an online application at CSHQA.com/About/Careers, which should include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
- Application review process will begin February 10, 2020 and continue with interviews until intern spots are filled. This posting will remain open until March 6, 2020.
- Internship start date is flexible but will generally begin in June 2020 and end in August 2020
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Create new folders and subfolders and input data into them in an organized manner
- Upload print projects to printing service provider
- Restock supplies
- File project documentation
- Assist with general business maintenance and deliveries
- Input Project/Client data into Deltek Vision software system
- Contribute in design discussions and develop drawings, modeling and 3D renderings based upon those discussions
- Assist in editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects
- Assist in field verification and documentation of existing structures and/or existing conditions as required by the individual projects
- Contribute to the completion of construction documents and generate revisions and corrections from redlined documents
- Participate in construction site visits and client meetings to better understand the overall process and then prepare detailed technical narrative reports
- Undertake job related research
- Assist in the construction administration process including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase required of the building project
- Communicate and coordinate other architects, owners, engineers, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets
- May collaborate and engage with other professional disciplines (Interior Designers and Engineers)
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Architecture or an accredited institution
- You have completed your third year of undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program
- You will be returning to your program after the internship
- Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3-D rendering skills (Sketchup or other modeling software)
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working in a professional office environment a plus
- Work well in a collaborative office environment
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.