As an Architect I at CSHQA, in partnership with Senior Architects and the Project Manager, you are responsible for the issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants. You should possess strong knowledge of design, trends, and construction administration. Strong communication skills and the ability to take artistic and technical direction with a positive attitude will be key to your success. It is expected that you will be able to work independently and creatively solve problems while also collaborating with a team.
- Participate in design discussions and develop drawings, modeling, 3D renderings and other contract documents based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Perform editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects.
- Regularly communicate with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout each phase of the building project.
- Perform site visits and building surveys, attend design meetings, and participate in construction phase site observations to present detailed technical narrative reports.
- Construction administration including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
- May mentor and direct the work of Architects-in-Training.
- Architectural Degree, or informed knowledge of the field of architecture and design.
- Licensed Architect with current registration.
- Exercises consistent independent discretion and judgment a majority of the time.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.