As an Accounting Specialist at CSHQA, you will be responsible for a wide assortment of accounting tasks. Your day-to-day duties will include general ledger bookkeeping, accounts receivable tracking, accounts payable processing and project-related accounting support and other duties per the direction of the Financial Manager.
Understanding the basic principles of accounting, along with common accounting standards and office procedures is important. Critical thinking will be required in order to prepare reports and analyze business transactions. The ability to clearly organize financial information, identify and fix discrepancies, and perform mathematical equations accurately will be vital to your success.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS
- Process Cash Disbursement and Employee Expense Reports
- Enter Accounts Payable vouchers and distribute payments to Vendors
- Analyze Accounts Receivables, identify delinquent accounts and administer collections procedures
- Input and Update Project Information
- Process Billings/Invoices and distribute to Clients on a monthly basis
- Verify business transactions and reconcile general ledger accounts as requested
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Compile and sort documents and electronically file per corporate archiving procedures
- Assist with Payroll Processing and required periodic tax reporting
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Minimum of 3 years general bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- 10 key by touch; 60 wpm
- Associates Degree in Accounting or related field
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision software
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, pregnancy, genetic information, retaliation for protected activity, protected veteran or disabled status.