Karcher Mall Revitalization
When it was built in the 1960’s Karcher Mall was a major shopping destination and the only mall in the Treasure Valley. Eventually the original design became dated and a new mall in Boise took much of its business. In 2006, Milan Properties engaged CSHQA to renovate the 509,000 sf property. The new look is fresh and inviting, and the pad retail helps engage a steady flow of visitors to the mall.
Multiple phases included
- A new 8,000 sf pad for multiple tenants with drive through.
- Tenant improvements for a new Burlington Coat Factory
- New tower signage and a glass curtain wall to increase the property’s visibility from a nearby interstate
- Primary lobby and major interior remodels
- Exterior facelift with the addition of a unifying cornice along the length of the mall, plus prominent signs and banners to enliven the long flat walls.